Home' micenet eMag : micenet February 2017 Contents KEY INDUSTRIES
By hosting a meeting in Singapore, associations can tap into the strength
of some of the country’s key sectors for partnerships, opportunities and
insights. These include:
• Healthcare & Biomedical – As Asia’s fastest-growing bio-cluster and
nerve centre for regional expansion, Singapore is home to the regional
headquarters for many of the world’s leading companies.
• Transport & Logistics – With world-class seaports and extensive
aviation infrastructure, Singapore is the world’s second busiest port and
first in Asia in The World Bank’s 2016 Logistics Performance Index.
• Media & Digital Content – Singapore is Asia’s most network-ready
country and home to a $33 billion interactive and digital media industry
with thriving niche segments.
• Urban Solutions – As a land-scarce city state with limited resources,
Singapore has developed and implemented some of the world’s most
advanced solutions in urbanisation.
• Innovation – Ranked sixth on the Global Innovation Index 2016,
Singapore is well-placed and committed to becoming a research-
intensive innovation and entrepreneurial economy.
• Design – bringing art, fashion, architecture, furniture design and
interior design together, Singapore is suitably positioned as an ideal
convergence point for East meets West.
• Education – As a regional knowledge base and a leader in
educational technology, Singapore has a proven education system
that is now being adopted around the world.
• Social Sector – Home to more than 150 international non-profit
organisations, Singapore has a thriving community of academic,
private and public-sector bodies in a globally-connected pro-business
• Sports – Between developing first-rate sports facilities and hosting
world-class international sporting events, Singapore is also home to
Asia’s largest sports R&D centre.
• Travel & Tourism – Connecting Asia to the rest of the world and
hosting leading travel trade shows in the region. m
Learn how to connect with Singapore’s key industries by visiting www.
SINGAPORE AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
• Asia’s Top Convention City for the 14th consecutive year (International
Congress and Convention Association Global Rankings 2015)
• Top International Meeting City for the 9th consecutive year (Union of
International Associations Global Rankings 2015)
• #1 Top Asia Pacific Destination (Inaugural Cvent Top 25 Asia Pacific
• Best Business City in the World and Southeast Asia 2016 (Business
Traveller Asia Pacific Awards 2016)
• Best BT MICE City 2016 (TTG Travel Awards 2016)
• Best Convention Bureau & Best City Destination for Meetings and
Events (CEI Asia Editors’ Choice Awards 2016)
Holiday Inn Express Singapore
Located in the picturesque Clarke Quay area, the property offers 442
guestrooms, one boardroom, and easy access to the Chinatown MRT
station. A grab and go breakfast option is available for business
travelers on the run.
ibis Singapore on Bencoolen
With 538 guestrooms and three meeting rooms, the ibis is located in
the heart of Singapore between four MRT stations.
Bayview Hotel Singapore
Accessibility is a breeze with the hotel’s centralised location between
the business and tourist district. It is next to Bras Basah and
Bencoolen MRT station (opening in 2017) and is also within walking
distance to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. Guests can choose from four
different categories of comfortable and good-sized rooms, with a total
of 131 in all. There are also six meeting rooms.
Beach Hotel is centrally located within the arts and heritage precinct; Bras
Basah./Bugis with an abundance of cafes, eateries, food outlets, 24-hour
convenience shops and pubs nearby. The hotel is also within walking
distance to shopping malls – Bugis Junction, Suntec City and Raffles City.
Singapore Beach Road Hotel
Premier Inn’s first hotel in Singapore, the Singapore Beach Road Hotel
features 300 rooms and offers guests Premier Inn’s signature slumber-
inducing Hypnos beds for a great night’s sleep, unlimited complimentary
Wi-Fi access, a rooftop swimming pool and an all-day dining offering.
Less than a 10 minute drive from Suntec Convention & Exhibition
Centre and Raffles City, each room features an en-suite bathroom, flat
screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a work desk. m
micenet | 75
Links Archive micenet December 2016 micenet April 2017 Navigation Previous Page Next Page