Home' micenet eMag : micenet April 2018 Contents learning and challenge thinking on a range of
scientific topics including glaucoma, retina,
cataract, oculoplastic and paediatrics.
This flagship event for the college attracted
more than 1000 industry specialists,
delivering a robust scientific program, several
industry-sponsored events including
breakfasts on all four mornings, social events
such as a Welcome Reception in PCEC’s
popular Summer Garden and secured over
one hundred exhibitors. With up to seven
concurrent sessions, the favourable proximity
of PCEC’s meeting rooms enabling the ease
of delegates changing locations quickly,
reportedly contributed to the making of this
Other recent events have included:
• Festival of the Web incorporating The
Twenty-Sixth International WWW
Conference (WWW2017) (April 2017)
• The 12th International Mammological
Congress (July 2017)
• Occupational Therapy Australia 27th
National Conference & Exhibition (July 2017)
• The 65th Annual Scientific Meeting of the
Cardiac Society of Australia and New
Zealand held in conjunction with the 41st
Annual Scientific Meeting of the
International Society for Heart Research
• The ESA SRB Annual Scientific Meeting
2017 and ADS ADEA Annual Scientific
Meeting 2017 (August-September, 2017)
• The Australian Society of Anaesthetists’
76th National Scientific Congress
New conference wins
And the PCEC has also been winning plenty of events that are coming up shortly including:
• The Australian Medical Students’ Association will host the AMSA National Convention 2018
from July 2-8, 2018. This event is anticipated to attract more than 1000 delegates, offering an
action packed eight day program consisting of more than 60 speakers, numerous
workshops, a day of competing in sport and a Gala Dinner.
• The 2018 Annual Fire & Emergency Management Conference & Exhibition will be held at the
PCEC from September 5-7, 2018, with an expected 3000 attendees.
• The 11th International Conference on Strength Training (ICST) will be held from November 30
to December 3, and is expected to attract more than 500 conditioning scientists, coaches,
elite sports people and rising sports athletes who will gather to discuss state-of-the-art
developments in this field and share new findings in applied physiology, biomechanics,
nutrition and training methodologies and applications for strength training.
• The 14th Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV) will be held from December 2-6,
2018, with an anticipated 600 researchers, developers, and practitioners attending. The
PCEC is proud to be the appointed venue kicking off a Welcome Reception in the outdoor
Summer Garden. The recently renovated BelleVue Ballroom will host the Gala Dinner.
Upgrades and improvements
In-between meetings, the PCEC has been upgrading its facilities including:
• A significant Wi-Fi upgrade for which the PCEC was proudly named a joint runner up of the
2016 INCON Digital Infrastructure Award. The international award “recognises meeting
venues that work innovatively to enable top-class connected meetings.”
• Refurbishment and upgrade of all Level 1 and Level 2 meeting/boardrooms including client
support areas (i.e . VIP Suite, Green Room and Dressing Rooms), Level 3 BelleVue Ballrooms
and BelleVue Lounge, the Executive Client Lounge located behind the Level 2 dedicated
registration desk, and the addition of a new dedicated Speaker Prep Lounge.
• In conjunction with its preferred suppliers AVPartners, audio-visual capabilities have also been
improved within each of the meeting rooms, the BelleVue Ballroom and Riverside Theatre.
This included brand-new full high definition laser projectors, additional motorised screens
fitted to the ballrooms, improved signage, and the installation of intelligent lighting across the
venue providing further flexibility of room configurations for our clients.
• The PCEC now offers event organisers a live view of all conference proceedings
simultaneously, thanks to its audio-visual provider AVPartners who have installed room
monitoring cameras in all meeting spaces, enabling event organisers to view all plenary and
concurrent proceedings live. m
The stylish new @Liberty
cafe at the PCEC.
54 | micenet
Links Archive micenet February 2018 micenet June 2018 Navigation Previous Page Next Page